Tuesday 16 April 2013

Review: 'Here' by Eric Marier

As I sit here and type this review I'm still not quite sure what to make of the book. I liked it, but I think there were a few bits missing for me. Maybe because I'm a girl and us ladies love the details but I just felt that some things were missing.

It was very fast paced which I liked, but at times it felt too fast. If I hadn't seen anyone from school for that long I don't think I'd be willing to live with them or invite them to live with me. I wanted to know more. Why did she have that sort of relationship with her Mother? What clothes did she wear? What did she look like? Thinking back I can't really picture any of the main characters, other than Ricky and that was only towards the end when I read about what happened when they were younger. As I've already said, I like a fast book, but I times I wanted them to sit down and have more of a conversation.

I kept turning the pages which I guess means that there was a good solid story line that kept me reading, but I think the whole story of the house and the previous owner could have been explored a litte more.

All in all I liked this book which is why I've given it a 4 rating, but I wanted to know more about the characters and their backgrounds and likes etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment